Headquartered 30 minutes west of Philadelphia in Berwyn, Pennsylvania, Brinker Capital is a leading independent investment management firm that has been serving clients across the country since 1987. We are a company that is committed to providing a work environment that embodies trust, respect and teamwork so our employees are positioned for success. Work-life balance is essential for a positive atmosphere and one of the drivers of our culture.
Brinker Capital employees are dedicated and talented individuals who represent our core values by building open and honest relationships with our clients and colleagues, all while pursuing growth and learning opportunities through a positive team and family spirit. We are proud of the tenure of our employees that spans an average of over 10 years of service. In addition, many of our talented employees have progressed into more senior roles as the company has grown throughout the years.
We embrace and encourage our employees to become involved in the community. Some of the organizations, charities, and community activities we have helped with are:
|Gateway to Leadership||Teach for America||Wounded Warrior Project|
|Philabundance||Springboard Collaborative||ALS Foundation|
|Blue Cross Broad Street Run||American Cancer Society|
Brinker Capital is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V encouraging a diverse workforce. We take pride in our employees and value the significant contributions that come from individuals with diverse backgrounds.
If you are looking for a dynamic company that fosters innovation, let us hear from you. Brinker Capital is always interested in receiving resumes from qualified individuals in all areas of the financial services industry. Please feel free to email your resume to HumanResources@brinkercapital.com.
Providing our employees with competitive and comprehensive benefits packages allows us to make a meaningful difference in their lives and support their health and wellness. Listed below are some of the benefits that we offer.
- Medical coverage including prescription drug plan, dental insurance, vision care
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Disability, Life and Short/Long Term Insurance Benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan
To apply to Brinker Capital please submit your resume with cover letter by email to HumanResources@brinkercapital.com or via mail to:
Human Resources Department
- 1055 Westlakes Drive
- Suite 250
- Berwyn, PA 19312
NO PHONE SOLICITATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED
Account Administration Analyst
- Opens accounts and maintains client and account information in various systems
- Set up and maintain advisor information in various systems
- Process broker-dealer/RIA changes for advisors
- Process payout change requests
- Process client broker-dealer/RIA changes
- Monitor, run, and process various reports to ensure accuracy of data
- Assist in project work, as needed
- Work with team and individually
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- 1-3 years of related experience preferred
- Knowledge of computer software systems, excellent keyboard skills
- Ability to multi-task, organized, and detailed oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Client Service Representative
- Deliver excellent customer service by responding to all advisor and client inquiries in a professional manner
- Daily/ongoing relationship building with advisors and maintain/support internal staff relationships within assigned territory
- Provide timely and accurate account/requirement information
- Effectively manage multiple tasks/priorities and meet deadlines
- Assist and educate advisors on how to navigate Brinker Capital in various situations
- Maintain an atmosphere of appreciation of advisor and client issues
- Continually maintain an “above and beyond” service aptitude
- Consistently maintain professional call management etiquette
- Daily promotion of our Service Vision and Principles
- Ongoing collaboration with Client Service, Internal Investment Consultants, and Operation teams on key issues and potential improvements
- Project work as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, or related major
- 2+ years of customer service/industry experience required
- Previous experience in a call center environment preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Experience with Salesforce a plus
Internal Investment Consultant
Partner with external sales professionals by building and maintaining territory business.
- Build, grow, and maintain new and existing sales opportunities and advisor relationships to increase sales and achieve goals
- Establish a thorough understanding of the investment management industry and utilize this knowledge to position our products and services effectively
- Support our External Sales Director in developing and executing the business plan to generate territory sales
- Train advisors to deliver the investment story and process
- Assist advisors in closing end-investor business
- Assist advisors in enrollment meetings
- Maintain sales contact database utilizing Salesforce
- Distribute materials and reports to regional directors, advisors, and clients as needed
- Learn Retirement Proposal Systems and Diagnostics well enough to train advisors
- Lead new business implementation conversations and update externals as appropriate
- Continue education and training within the investment industry
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business or related major
- 3+ years financial industry experience, retirement experience preferred
- Currently hold Series 7, 63, 65/66 or ability to obtain within 90 days
- Must be a highly motivated individual with excellent verbal and communication skills
- Must have excellent organizational skills, be able to work independently, and multi task
- Some travel required
Brinker Capital seeks an investment writer with experience in asset management and product marketing to take responsibility for the timely production of investment commentary across a range of products and capabilities. The individual will be working closely with the investment team to produce high-quality content, often on tight deadlines. The investment writer will be responsible for the creation of investment content and, as such, will work closely with stakeholders such as investment, product, sales, and distribution teams to develop new ideas and ensure alignment on content creation and messaging.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate the ability to write coherently on a broad range of topics that accurately express the company’s views and opinions across a variety of materials, including investment commentaries, market reviews and outlooks, thought leadership, and product materials across different platforms.
- Work closely with the investment team to write and edit investment commentaries on a monthly, quarterly, and ad-hoc basis across our product range
- Work closely with our global investment strategist and head of quantitative analysis on perspective/outlook pieces
- Develop a deep understanding of Brinker Capital’s investment process and philosophy and help develop compelling content that resonates with clients and advisors
- Work in conjunction with compliance staff to ensure adherence to industry rules
- The ability to react to market events and generate high quality written content to tight deadlines
- Support digital efforts with the development of social, web, video, and other digital content and potentially contribute to developing thought leadership and white papers
- Act as an investment writing and editing resource to the marketing team, ensuring the company is producing high quality and accurate materials
- Ensure consistency in the company’s voice, key messages, and editorial style across markets, channels, and media
- Keep up to date with developments in financial markets and maintain a deep understanding of investment communications developed by our peers
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in English, journalism, or finance
- Credentials tied to investing or portfolio construction (CFA, CFP, CIMA, FRM), or equivalent experience encouraged
- 10+ years of writing experience in the financial services industry. Writing samples will be required
- Demonstrated ability to capture complex ideas and write clear, concise, and engaging content across different media including print, digital, and video
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects, solve problems, and apply critical thinking skills
- Flexibility, enthusiasm, resilience, and the willingness to embrace change and adapt to shifting priorities
- Individuals with experience working in a content-focused product specialist or product management role will be considered
- Must be able to work in a team environment, both within marketing as well as other departments, including investment, product, sales, distribution, and compliance teams
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as third-party data sites such as FactSet, Bloomberg, Morningstar, and marketing automation tools such as Seismic
Multimedia Graphic Designer
Brinker Capital is looking for a detail oriented multimedia graphic designer to integrate multiple forms of media for use within our marketing department. As a multimedia graphic designer, you will be responsible for both the print and digital experience, combining creative and technical skills to communicate ideas through a variety of creative projects. Successful candidates must have a high attention to detail.
- Ability to develop, produce, and maintain multimedia pieces for use on Brinker Capital websites
- Create and implement designs for digital campaigns, videos, brochures, and other special projects as needed
- Collaborate with marketing team to determine appropriate visual, textual, and animated elements of projects
- Participate in strategic/conceptual development meetings with clients to determine project requirements, objectives, and creative direction
- Present creative concepts to the Studio & Creative Services Manager
- Monitor assigned projects to ensure that goals and objectives are completed according to schedule; collaborate with Relationship Managers to ensure all business needs are met
- Incorporate and leverage industry best practices while maintaining alignment with Brinker Capital corporate design standards
- May provide photographic support for events/activities as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in graphic arts, interactive media, or multimedia design
- 5+ years of graphic design experience and a portfolio showcasing digital work is required
- Proficient in the standard Adobe Creative Suite tools: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere, Flash, and After Effects
- Ability to work in Microsoft Office, Final Cut Pro, and marketing automation tools such as Seismic and Pardot
- Web skills such as HTML, CSS, and social media savvy
- Working knowledge of design principles, design development standards, techniques, and methodologies and ability to apply them
- Working knowledge of design fundamentals such as color theory, typography, and composition
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects, solve problems, and apply critical thinking skills
- Flexibility, enthusiasm, resilience, and the willingness to embrace change and adapt to shifting priorities
Retirement Product Manager
The Retirement Product Manager is a key member of the Brinker Capital team reporting into the Chief Administrative Officer and working under the overall product umbrella for this part of the business. S/He will be responsible for retirement product management overseeing key, strategic external relationships, identifying new investment types to be created, reviewing pricing, staying abreast of the competitive landscape, and supporting the sales team.
The Product Manager of Retirement Services will have a significant role in retaining current advisors and growing the footprint of additional Brinker advisors by providing the necessary product support to the sales team and inside support staff. The Retirement Product Manager will have responsibility for effectively managing the recordkeeper relationship-a critical part of the Brinker retirement offering. This role will be responsible for thinking strategically about the needs of advisors, plans and participants in order for Brinker to grow the business.
Product design & development:
- Responsible for leading product strategy, product development and product management for our defined contribution plan business.
- Establishing a framework to continually assess current and new products that meet the needs of Brinker’s retirement advisors, plan sponsors and plan participants.
- Assessing the investment product set in alignment with the retirement business, identifying gaps and developing commercially viable investment solutions to serve this market.
- Supporting business development activities for Retirement Services and driving efforts for leveraging our platform in creative ways to grow the business; this includes working closely with the sales team to respond to inquiries and RFPs.
- Serving as in-house expert on the retirement plan business.
- Advocating for retirement internally and externally, including representing Brinker at industry trade organizations, industry events and discussions with regulators, large clients and important prospects.
- Working with marketing to develop product messaging and positioning for Retirement Services.
- Identifying and driving thought leadership content and agenda with the goal of further establishing Brinker’s place as an expert and a resource in the marketplace.
- Providing leadership in identifying and driving forward innovative. investment product opportunities as well as tactical product plans and execution for the Retirement Services team.
- Interfacing with all other parts of the Brinker organization to effectively leverage the organization to successfully grow the business.
- Driving development of value-add thought leadership content for Retirement Services. The value-added content will cover topics focused on investments products, financial wellness, regulatory and practice management.
- Collaborating with other product areas to drive product and platform changes that will improve the offering to our advisors and plan sponsors.
- Work across teams to implement launch of new or revised investment products internally ((Product, Investments, Operations, Marketing, Legal, Accounting, Compliance, etc.) and externally (retirement advisors, plan sponsors, etc.)
- Work with internal marketing resources and champion investment product with sales force (e.g., events), and other internal partners.
- Put into practice new process development, where necessary.
- Provide investment product support and investment product information on existing products to the distribution organization in addition to updates of market changes and economic trends that would affect the sale of the products, so that the bottom line is enhanced by increased sales. In conjunction with marketing:
- Prepare/provide training to all sales and service representatives on Retirement Services offering.
- Review all legal and marketing materials for accuracy of positioning, pricing and performance.
- Develop and execute internal and external communication strategy.
- Develop and execute business strategy for Retirement Services by analyzing sales for existing product relative to events, competition and market conditions.
- Study competition to develop product ideas or selling strategies.
- Develop business plans and periodic product line reviews.
- Education Undergraduate degree required; advanced degree/MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in the retirement industry, ideally with advisors, plans sponsors and participants.
- S/He will have experience in designing strategies, to develop and launch new products.
- S/he is a driver and a thought leader who can successfully initiate and execute on business plans.
Industry Knowledge/Technical Skills:
- Well-informed in a variety of areas regarding the retirement industry, investment management and product management.
- Strong working knowledge of mutual funds and retirement plans, knowledge of the financial advisory business a plus.
- Retirement product expertise and in-depth market knowledge of the retirement industry to achieve product commercial success.
- Experienced in product development as part of a product life cycle, and in product management controlling a product from its innovation and development to its decline.
- Strong analytical/financial background to understand the related financial complexities of the retirement business.
- Product research experience in studying a market to understand the customer needs, competitive landscape, and market forces with the goal of uncovering opportunities for creating product enhancements as well as new products.
- Able to create excitement around a product. Experience communicating the product benefits, features and target markets, and in general championing the product to internal teams such as Sales, Marketing, Operations, and senior executives. Could also include “evangelizing the product” to external audience such as press, analysts and customers, working closely with internal marketing.
- Operational Management.
- Show ability to drive integrative change.
- Leverage internal resources and gain cooperation in a matrixed organizational environment to extract contributions to product development and move forward the product cycle.
- Utilize outside the box thinking to challenge conventional norms and execute innovative, well-thought-out, financially viable approaches.
- Strong project management skills.
People Management/Relationship Building:
- Ability to support Brinker’s unique collaborative culture, in acting as a credible and valued colleague.
- Willingness to respect the deep relationships Brinker has made with existing clients and present ideas and solutions that continue to support and deepen these existing relationships
- Must be able to work well with peers and be viewed as a major contributor and team player, seeking out expertise and adding value to the business.
- Familiarity with environments where “failures” may occur, and not all development ideas or projects come to fruition, but able to maintain personal and team motivation.
- Show leadership in project management and all parties involved, including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple tasks in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, meeting deadlines.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills to present a business case, product strategy and/or business requirements on how to capitalize on the uncovered opportunities for product development.
- Ability to communicate knowledgeably and credibly with senior management and internal constituents.
- Creative, thinks out-of-the-box
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Intellectual capacity to absorb and understand significant amounts of complex information
- Strong values encompassing integrity, objectivity, partnership
- High achievement orientation and pride in succeeding, giving rather than taking credit
- Strong influencing skills
- Sensitivity to individual and group needs/good listener
- Self-motivating/good self-management skills
- Good communications skills
- Capable of working and contributing in a team environment
Senior Vice President, National Accounts
The Senior Vice President of National Accounts is responsible for the day to day management of the National Accounts Department and working with the Executive Vice President of National Accounts and Distribution on the annual business planning and execution of the company’s business development and relationship management strategies for key broker-dealer clients as well as the ongoing senior relationship management for key platform providers using Brinker Capital’s investment strategies.
- Manage staff- Provide guidance, training, and motivation necessary to develop staff. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, and provides feedback. Ensure that the National Accounts team is working to achieve department and company goals
- Responsible for identifying, evaluating, and recommending new business opportunities to the Executive Vice President of National Accounts and Distribution and for managing implementation and execution of all product placement, sales, and relationship management
- Work closely with National Sales team, broker-dealer home offices, and financial advisors in a consultative sales process to position, sell, implement, and grow the investment offerings as well as maintain existing business
- Present Brinker Capital’s platform offerings and Practice Management topics at broker dealer conferences and home office meetings
- Work with Head of Distribution to manage budget for National Accounts Department
- Represent Brinker Capital on Financial Services Industry (FSI)
- Manage the Envestnet relationship, including oversight of all operational and product/investment functions
- Oversee all activities around the coordination of broker-dealer national and regional conferences- this includes coverage, booth display, giveaways and marketing materials
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or related field
- 7 to 10 years of relevant industry experience
- Series 7, 63, 65, or 66
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Proficient in all areas of technology
- Travel required
Wealth Advisory Investment Strategist
The Investment Strategist will collaborate with our Client Portfolio Managers to create a thorough investment analysis as well as provide investment strategy, product selection, and asset allocation recommendations. The Investment Strategist will assist in maintaining relationships with clients and advisors by participating in client and financial advisor meetings to provide ongoing support on investment related activities.
- Review and understand client risk tolerances and goals by participating in discovery calls and follow-ups to make appropriate product and asset allocation recommendations
- Assist in investment management of client portfolios
- Generate proposals based on recommendations for tailored investment portfolios to be presented to advisors and/or prospective clients
- Review client allocations for consistency with objectives and make rebalance recommendations as necessary
- Create portfolio analytics to support allocation recommendations for new/existing Wealth Advisory prospective clients
- Have a thorough understanding of investment managers and strategies available to clients and advisors that have been evaluated by Brinker Capital’s Investment Team
- Articulate Brinker Capital’s due diligence process for selecting these investment products and fit within client portfolio
- Maintain knowledge of services available to Wealth Advisory clients and advisors based client needs; this includes Banking & Lending, Philanthropic, Business Valuation, and Wealth Planning services
- Comprehend investment strategic positioning and be able to articulate this to advisors and/or clients
- Minimum 3 years of investment industry experience
- Previous experience in asset allocation, portfolio management, and investment manager due diligence preferred
- Undergraduate degree required
- Series 7 and 66 (or 63 and 65) required or ability to obtain within 90 days after hire
- CFA preferred or ability to obtain after hire
- Ability to work collaboratively on a team; strong interpersonal skills and work ethic
- Analytical and quantitative skills required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Limited travel